Monday, February 6, 2012

Running Myself Ragged

I officially started my on-location training for Space Mountain today. The mornings have been early and the days have been long, but I've been learning a lot. In fact, I can tell you anything you wanted to know about Tomorrowland and Space Mountain.

A couple of fun facts: Space Mountain's top speed is exactly 27 MPH and actually consists of 2 tracks. Both tracks are the same, but they mirror each other. Also, Space Mountain is the most popular roller coaster in the world. Not just the States...the WORLD. I thought that was pretty cool.

Anyways, before I began my training I had to complete a series of preliminary training courses that just briefed me on payroll information, the history of the Magic Kingdom, when to dial 9-1-1 and just basic amusement park stuff. In the midst of all of this park learning, I've also become accustomed to taking the bus from place to place....and getting used to having to be packed into a bus like a sardine. Tomorrow, I have to train for opening Space Mountain, so I have to be at the Magic Kingdom at 6 A.M. This means that I have to take a bus from Vista Way at 5:11 A.M. This also means I have to wake up at about 4 A.M. Sounds fantastic, right?

However, every cloud has a silver lining; college participants typically take closing shifts, so they usually don't have to wake up that early consistently. The managers just want the participants to be trained for opening on the off chance that a full-time cast member can't, for whatever reason, take their opening shift. Another helpful hint: wear comfortable shoes! There is a ton of walking involved in your first few days of training.

Now, here is the big announcement that I mentioned on Facebook: I was scrolling through the Disney auditions website just for kicks and giggles. I came across an event that was open for current CP members, which is incredibly rare. So, I click the link. Disney is hosting auditions for their Star Wars Weekends in May/June. I'll spare you the gory details and get straight to the point. I'm going to audition to be Princess Leia! I'm actually tall enough! I'm so incredibly stoked! However, I have absolutely no idea how to prepare for this audition, so ideas and tips are welcomed.

1 comment:

  1. Kill them with her "Aren't you a little short" line. :P

    ReplyDelete